Why Choose CNC Milling Machining for Your Design?
The development of CNC machines has made it an indispensable role in the modern engineering and manufacturing. It is almost a necessity of metal manufacturing process. The full name of CNC is Computer Numerical Control. As the name implies, it is a way to control the precise machining process by computer. CNC machines, CNC tools, CNC lathes and CNC machines are all machines using computer operations.
The Operating Principle of CNC Machine
In the late 1940s, the U.S. Air Force needed an effective precision processing to create helicopter propellers. In 1950, the NC machine was born to meet this need. With the numerical value, engineers and accurately performing cutting arcs, distance, and machining accurately.
When using NC machines, engineers need to use a series of instruction codes that are composed of characters, numbers and symbols to let the action desk to perform in detail. This input process is complicated and difficult to copy.
The C refers to the micro-processor that appears later. Micro-processing means to change the instruction to a software encoding and translate the program language into an automatic actual instruction. Engineers can write the CNC code from any computer and apply it to different machining. CNC machining not only achieve elasticity and automation, but also has made it possible to produce components more precisely.
The Advantages of CNC Machining
CNC machining is more suitable for small production of high precision processing because of its high elasticity. Bellows are lists of advantages of CNC machining.
- It is a rapid, efficient, and yields high. It is suitable for complex and fine products.
- It ensures a high accuracy (±0.0002” – ±0.0005”) and great consistency between batches.
- The data is easy to store, and the production of the same products is stable. It nihilates risks of production defects.
- It requires a little technical maintenance.
- G-coded CAD files for CNC mills are simple in their creation.
- CNC milling machines are versatile.
- The degree of automation is very high, it can be automatically changed and feeding. And the capacity is large, one operator can operate several machines as the same time.
- Production plan is easy to make since the processing time and unit cost are easy to grasp.
- Once the design is completed, it doesn’t rely on high-tech personnel to run production.
CNC milling process comprises multiple operations like slot, form, side, gang, profile, chamfer, groove milling, and others. The range of available techniques is enough to produce most of the asymmetrical components.